Living a faith-filled life
You relax on a plane even though you do not know the pilot. You take a taxi, the driver is a total stranger and you trust that he will safely take you home. You relax on a bus even though you do not know the driver. Why don’t you relax in life knowing that God is in control?
We are only able to relax when we have faith and trust in God and His plans for our lives. Faith is very essential to the life of a Christian. Faith is such an important aspect without which it is impossible to please him (Hebrews 11:6). The dictionary defines faith as complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
Faith is a very humble quality, which is perhaps why it is associated with childlikeness. Jesus’ disciples were concerned with which of them was the greatest, or the closest to Him, or the most important. He told them that they were to “become like children”(Matthew 18:3) to enter the kingdom of God. Jesus was pointing out the truth that a child is completely dependent on adults for safety, sustenance, and knowledge. In the same way, we need to fully rely on God and not our own understanding.
We live in a competitive world. Many times, we strive to associate ourselves with successful people or our accomplishments because they give us a sense of worth. Where do you place your faith? Is it your position, wealth, education, or status in society?
The Bible reminds us to put our faith in God as He does not change like shifting shadows. The assurance that we are God’s beloved children should fill us with hope and faith that He will not lead us where His grace will not sustain us, nor will he forsake us when we call to him for help and guidance.
May these verses encourage you to have faith in God despite the circumstances you may be facing:
- He said to them, Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20 (ESV)
- Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. Matthew 7:38 (ESV)
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13 (ESV)
- For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7(ESV)
- But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. James 1:6 (ESV)