Bible Society of Kenya has the right to modify this policy at any time. The amended policy will take effect from the moment it is published on any of the following Bible Society of Kenya websites/domains:
This policy explains how Bible Society of Kenya collects your personal information on the website and how we protect such data.
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you sign up to a Bible Society of Kenya website, or order our goods or services.
By accepting this policy, you consent to the Bible Society of Kenya collecting your personal information and using it in the manner described in this policy. If you do not agree with this policy, you must stop using the Bible Society of Kenya websites, or the Bible Society of Kenya’s goods or services provided under the websites.
You may not access our website to order our goods or services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
- What is personal information?
Personal information covers any data that enables Bible Society of Kenya to identify you as an individual. By registering as a user on a Bible Society of Kenya website, you may be required to provide Bible Society of Kenya with personal information. In so doing, you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate any person or entity, or to misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with anyone or anything.
Should your personal information change, you must provide Bible Society of Kenya with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable Bible Society of Kenya to update your personal information.
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your postal or physical address;
- your credit card or banking information;
- your username and password;
- Your date of birth.
- has been permanently de-identified or made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- is available in the public domain, through no action or fault of the Bible Society of Kenya, such as being revealed or posted in any public forum, including any that are or may in the future become available on the site (e.g. message boards or blogs); or
- The Bible Society of Kenya receives from any third party reasonably known to have a legal right to transmit such information and is under no obligation to keep such information confidential.
- Bible Society of Kenya is also not responsible for the privacy practices of web sites that are operated or owned by third parties.
- How does Bible Society of Kenya use the information collected and received?
Bible Society of Kenya will not rent, sell or make available the personal information of registered users to any other organisation.
All information relating to your contributions is held in the strictest confidence. Bible Society of Kenya will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information and adhere to all legislative requirements with respect to protecting your privacy.
Bible Society of Kenya takes all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate security of the systems in which personal information is stored.
Bible Society of Kenya will employ its best efforts to ensure that personal data is only able to be accessed by persons who are entitled to it in the course of their duties, and that Bible Society of Kenya uses the personal data only for the purposes for which they were obtained.
By accepting this policy, you agree to Bible Society of Kenya using your personal information to send you administrative messages or promotional messages, such as messages to keep you informed and updated on the activities of Bible Society of Kenya, including fundraising programmes, services, special events, needs, and opportunities to give. If at any time you wish to receive less mail or be removed from any of our communications, you may contact Bible Society of Kenya at and Bible Society of Kenya will gladly accommodate your request.
By registering as a user on a Bible Society of Kenya website you agree that Bible Society of Kenya may use your personal information for the purposes of:
- the ordering, sale and delivery of goods and/or services;
- contacting you regarding current or new goods and/or services or any other goods offered by Bible Society of Kenya or any of our divisions and/or partners unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from Bible Society of Kenya;
- informing you of new features, special offers and promotional activities offered by Bible Society of Kenya or any Bible Society of Kenya divisions or partners unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from Bible Society of Kenya; or
- Improving your experience on Bible Society of Kenya website(s) by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking sales on Bible Society of Kenya website(s).
By registering as a user on Bible Society of Kenya website(s) you grant us your express consent to disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- Bible Society of Kenya employees and/or third party service providers only where the use of your personal information is necessary in order for Bible Society of Kenya to communicate with you properly and efficiently regarding the ordering, sale and delivery of goods and services.
- Bible Society of Kenya divisions and/or partners including their employees and/or third party service providers in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods and/or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from Bible Society of Kenya;
- Law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our Terms and Conditions;
- Bible Society of Kenya service providers under contract with Bible Society of Kenya who help with parts of Bible Society of Kenya business operations fraud prevention, marketing, technology services, etc. insofar as personal information is used to perform specific functions and not for their personal use;
- Relevant third parties who request your personal information as may be required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on Bible Society of Kenya, or to protect and defend Bible Society of Kenya rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent payment, Bible Society of Kenya is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
By registering as a user on a Bible Society of Kenya website you give Bible Society of Kenya your express consent for Bible Society of Kenya to store your personal information in secure servers based in the European Union and South Africa. You further consent to the Bible Society of Kenya transferring your personal information outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country and storing or process it in that country, whose laws regarding the protection or processing of personal information may be less stringent.
- Security measures
Bible Society of Kenya will endeavour to take adequate technical and organisational measures against loss or any form of unlawful processing such as unauthorised disclosure, deterioration, alteration or disclosure of personal data in connection with the performance of the processing of personal data.
Bible Society of Kenya does not guarantee that the security is effective under all circumstances. Bible Society of Kenya will endeavour to ensure that the security is of an adequate level, given the state of the art, the sensitivity of the personal data and the costs related to the security.
- Third Party Links
The Site may have links or be linked to other sites we do not own, control or maintain. We are not responsible for and make no representations or warranties about the privacy practices of those sites. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of other sites and contact the operator if you have concerns or questions. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these third party sites.
- How does Bible Society of Kenya use your financial information and keep it secure?
In order to process financial transactions, Bible Society of Kenya may need your bank or credit card details.
All credit card payments are processed by PayU, via a secure server. Insert secure server detail
- How to contact Bible Society of Kenya
To notify Bible Society of Kenya of a change to your name, address or e-mail details, or for assistance in accessing, verifying or altering your personal information, please e-mail or write to Bible Society Of Kenya at the address below, or telephone (Bible Society Of Kenya) on +25470448917.
Please keep (Bible Society of Kenya) informed of changes so we can stay in touch.
Bible Society of Kenya
P.O Box 72983 -00100,
Bible House, Madaraka Estate.